Fall has come! If you are planning to sell your home, you would want it to look at its best. Here are some areas that you can focus on to make sure that your home is fall ready for selling.
Improve Curb Appeal
Curb appeal refers to the general attractiveness of your home from the sidewalk. Simply put, it means that your home should get the attention of prospective buyers as soon as they visit the area. Some things that you can do to boost your home's curb appeal are:
1) Power wash outdoor surfaces.
2) Hire a landscaper or tidy up the landscaping.
3) Sweep the walkways, patios, decks, and other outdoor areas.
Show Some TLC
Make sure your home shows that it is cared for. A well-maintained home makes it easier for prospective buyers to make good, strong offers. Some of the things that you can do to highlight how much you look after your home are:
1) Patch and paint holes on the walls.
2) Keep cabinets and other storage spaces organized.
3) Remove unnecessary items in the house.
4) Ensure floors are swept, vacuumed, and mopped as necessary. If vacuuming, try to go in one direction so that the marks left behind are more appealing.
5) Wipe the baseboards.
6) Keep vents clean.
Give A Welcoming Feel
Giving your home an inviting feel is another factor that may help you get into the closing table faster. There are many ways to make potential home buyers feel welcome. Here are some that you can try:
1) Keep the blinds and curtains open. You may also opt for sheer curtains so that light can enter the home, giving it a warm and vibrant feel.
2) Check all lightbulbs and replace as needed.
3) Remove personal items and photos.
4) Check if anything is broken and replace/fix them.
5) Make sure each area is highlighted properly (i.e. bedrooms, dining area, etc.)
There are other things that you can do to make your home more enticing to buyers. If you're wondering how to improve your home's features or simply want to know more about your local real estate market, feel free to reach out to Realtor® Kyle Kelly or any member of The Island Wide Team, we would be more than happy to help you!
Call or Text: 631-831-0912
FB Messenger: m.me/KKellyNY
Personal Email: KKellyNY@gmail.com
Team Email: email@example.com
Instagram: @kkellyny @IslandWideTeam
YouTube: The Island Wide Team
Disclaimer: Views and information provided in this post are for general informational and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Before taking any action based upon such information, we encourage you to consult with the appropriate professionals. The use or reliance to any information contained on this site or mobile application is solely at your own risk.